[OE-core] [RFC] OpenGL packaging/staging policy

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Oct 23 02:06:00 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 23 October 2012 04:19, Tomas Frydrych <tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com> wrote:
> b) Split the ginormous mesa recipe, so that it is, for example, possible
> to stage mesa gl without mesa egl, so that we can accommodate HW that
> wants to use bits of mesa.

What? You can't do that.  Well, you kinda can if you're using GLX and
nothing else, maybe, sorta.  But the EGL and GL (ES) implementations
are very heavily tied together and can't be used as independent works.
 You can separate GLU, which we've already done.  I think you can
split out the core of libgbm, but not the DRI plugin.  And that's
about it.

I've got gles2/opengl/egl MACHINE_FEATURES in my tree at
git://git.collabora.com/~daniels/poky, which goes some way towards
improving the current GL (ES) situation.  But trying to split the
actual stacks into multiple parts helps no-one.

Cheers,
Daniel