[OE-core] Removing netbase from an image

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 10:17:08 UTC 2012

I am attempting to remove netbase from a custom image. I would like to
replace it with connman. I have added connman through
EXTRA_IMAGE_INSTALL, however netbase is brought in via
packagegroup-core-boot.bb which funnily enough has some very important
features and I would like to keep.

What would be the best way to make this replacement. Should I copy
packagegroup-core-boot.bb and keep a local copy, while keeping it in
sync manually? Alternatively, I notice quite a few packages in
packagegroup-core-boot have a VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_* define. Would it be
worth having a VIRTUAL-RUNTIME_network ?= "netbase" which could be
overridden?

Thoughts?

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)