[OE-core] gtk+ native recipe question

T.Michael Turney tmiket at recipes4linux.com
Tue Oct 30 18:56:15 UTC 2012

My first post, chose -core over -devel somewhat arbitrarily as I don't
understand distinction of OE-classic yet.

In order to get an existing OE system (builds on Fedora) to build correctly
on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 I had to modify a number of recipe files.

In order to get native gtk+ to build I had to add no-demos.patch
to SRC_URI_append.  The patch file already existed in recipes tree
but wasn't being referenced in the .bb file.

Second change was adding glib-2.0-native to DEPEND_virtclass-native in
same file.

Problem was manifested with unresolved reference to g_bytes_unref when
building gtk+ native.  Ubuntu 12.04 has more recent glib install than in
OE project I'm building and g_bytes_unref is visible in host glib but not
OE version.

With this change and a few other similar minor changes in .bb files, the
system builds.  However, the bitbake build line has to be invoked twice.

For example, let's say I'm building foo-image and foo1-image, and I run:

bitbake foo-image foo1-image

This command fails building gtk+ native.  I re-run exact same command:

bitbake foo-image foo1-image

and this time gtk+ native builds correctly and whole system builds.

Any suggestions on what I should be looking at to get the dependency info
correct so first build doesn't fail?
Cheers,
T.mike