[OE-core] gtk+ native recipe question

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Oct 31 14:07:51 UTC 2012

Hi there,

On Tuesday 30 October 2012 11:56:15 T.Michael Turney wrote:
> My first post, chose -core over -devel somewhat arbitrarily as I don't
> understand distinction of OE-classic yet.

Basically, OE-Classic is largely unmaintained (aside from critical updates to
the 2011.3-maintenance branch) and should not be used for new work - use OE-
Core for that instead. So you're on the right path already :)

> In order to get an existing OE system (builds on Fedora) to build correctly
> on 64-bit Ubuntu 12.04 I had to modify a number of recipe files.

That's definitely not expected...

> In order to get native gtk+ to build I had to add no-demos.patch
> to SRC_URI_append.  The patch file already existed in recipes tree
> but wasn't being referenced in the .bb file.
>
> Second change was adding glib-2.0-native to DEPEND_virtclass-native in
> same file.

So, the version in master and the danny branch (most recent stable, just
branched the other day) already includes this. Are you using a different
branch/release?

> Problem was manifested with unresolved reference to g_bytes_unref when
> building gtk+ native.  Ubuntu 12.04 has more recent glib install than in
> OE project I'm building and g_bytes_unref is visible in host glib but not
> OE version.
>
> With this change and a few other similar minor changes in .bb files, the
> system builds.  However, the bitbake build line has to be invoked twice.
>
> For example, let's say I'm building foo-image and foo1-image, and I run:
>
> bitbake foo-image foo1-image
>
> This command fails building gtk+ native.

Fails how? Can you mention the actual error you're receiving?

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton