[OE-core] Trying to compile Scipy, but stuck on native cc and ld

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 07:46:32 UTC 2012

On (06/09/12 12:36), Brandon Stafford wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a recipe for Scipy, which is a Python library for
> scientific computation. It contains chunks of code in C and Fortran.
>
> I have seen this recent message from Phil Blundell (about an entirely
> different recipe) that suggests that the problem may be the use of the
> host's cc and ld, rather than the correct ARM cross-compilers:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org/msg27120.html
>
> This looks like the problem to me, but I'm not sure how to tell the
> Python build script that it should be cross-compiling. Based on Phil's
> message, I'd expect it involves setting ${CC} and ${LD} and somehow
> passing them to Python, but I'm not sure how.
>
> Full error message: http://pastebin.com/pMvaLpcz
> Recipe in broken state: http://pastebin.com/a5jm45vB
>
> (The line export LDFLAGS = "-L${STAGING_LIBDIR}" is just there because
> another mailing list suggestion:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org/msg24196.html.
> It does not appear to affect the errors produced.)
>
> Any suggestions?

FIrst you need fortran language frontends and support libraries
compiled with gcc cross compiler. By default we only build c/c++

the you need to take a look at scipy build system and see how
its deriving its CC and LD variables and then override them with
CC LD that recipe gets from environment when building

> Brandon
>
> --
> Brandon Stafford
> Rascal Micro: small computers for art and science
> Somerville, MA, USA

-Khem