[OE-core] [RFC 0/7] Postinstall improvements

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 20 16:12:33 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Andreas Müller
<schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Laurentiu Palcu
> <laurentiu.palcu at intel.com> wrote:
>>

>> On 09/19/2012 04:41 PM, Andreas Müller wrote:

>>> Thanks for taking care. I will give it a test tonight and hope to have
>>> results tomorrow.
>> It would be great if you could give it a try and let me know your results.
>>
> I removed gtk-native append in meta-oe, build from scratch and tested
> the image. No issues so far - seems you have done a great job -
> Thanks!

Aargh I really would like to consider this done but I found suspicious
when browsing on the machine with the new image (hicolor- and
gnome-icon-theme installed):

* in the folder /usr/share/icons/gnome *no* icon-theme.cache is found
* /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache is there but it has the
date of 01.01.2000 (have no rtc backup on the machine). I would expect
this file to have build host's date.

So I checked the contents on the build machine in image's rootfs:

* in the folder /usr/share/icons/gnome *no* icon-theme.cache is found
* /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache is there but has only
64,5KB (the version on the machine is 2,3MB!!).

Andreas