[OE-core] [RFC 0/7] Postinstall improvements

Laurentiu Palcu laurentiu.palcu at intel.com
Thu Sep 20 18:15:02 UTC 2012

On 09/20/2012 07:12 PM, Andreas Müller wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Laurentiu Palcu
>> <laurentiu.palcu at intel.com> wrote:

>>> It would be great if you could give it a try and let me know your results.
>>>
>> I removed gtk-native append in meta-oe, build from scratch and tested
Any special reason you removed it?

>> the image. No issues so far - seems you have done a great job -
>> Thanks!
>>
> Aargh I really would like to consider this done but I found suspicious
> when browsing on the machine with the new image (hicolor- and
> gnome-icon-theme installed):
Let's hope we'll have it done soon. Thanks a lot for testing it. Can you
instruct me what image did you use and give some more details in order
to debug it on my side?

> * in the folder /usr/share/icons/gnome *no* icon-theme.cache is found
> * /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache is there but it has the
> date of 01.01.2000 (have no rtc backup on the machine). I would expect
> this file to have build host's date.
>
> So I checked the contents on the build machine in image's rootfs:
>
> * in the folder /usr/share/icons/gnome *no* icon-theme.cache is found
That's weird... You could add some debug info in the intercept script
itself to see if it really scans the gnome directory and if there are
any errors.

> * /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache is there but has only
> 64,5KB (the version on the machine is 2,3MB!!).
On my build machine (I used Sato image) the icon-theme.cache has 2.5MB.
There must be something wrong somewhere... At least this directory
should have been cached properly.

If you give all the details I asked above, I'll give it a try myself.