[OE-core] [RFC 0/7] Postinstall improvements

Laurentiu Palcu laurentiu.palcu at intel.com
Wed Sep 26 07:09:03 UTC 2012

On 09/20/2012 07:12 PM, Andreas Müller wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Andreas Müller
> <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Laurentiu Palcu
>> <laurentiu.palcu at intel.com> wrote:

>>> It would be great if you could give it a try and let me know your results.
>>>
>> I removed gtk-native append in meta-oe, build from scratch and tested
>> the image. No issues so far - seems you have done a great job -
>> Thanks!
>>
> Aargh I really would like to consider this done but I found suspicious
> when browsing on the machine with the new image (hicolor- and
> gnome-icon-theme installed):
>
> * in the folder /usr/share/icons/gnome *no* icon-theme.cache is found
> * /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache is there but it has the
> date of 01.01.2000 (have no rtc backup on the machine). I would expect
> this file to have build host's date.
>
> So I checked the contents on the build machine in image's rootfs:
>
> * in the folder /usr/share/icons/gnome *no* icon-theme.cache is found
> * /usr/share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache is there but has only
> 64,5KB (the version on the machine is 2,3MB!!).
Did you have any chance to debug the issue on your setup? I tried to
replicate your environment but I failed. Lots of build errors, so I gave
up. It would have taken me more time to make your setup work than
debugging the real problem.

Another alternative would be for you to prepare a tarball with all the
repos and configs that you use and put it somewhere where I can take it.
It would be easier for me to directly start debugging your issue.

Thanks,
Laurentiu