[OE-core] Achiving My OE environment

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Apr 9 10:47:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-09 at 06:16 -0400, David Hirst wrote:
> I am trying to achive (svn or tar ball) my whole oe_layersetup
> directory structure.
> However I seem to have problems when I check it out or untar it on a
> different machine.
> It does not seems to build correctly. I set up the paths to the build
> tools and use /conf/setenv
> to set up other paths.
> It seems impossible to build everything correctly without going
> through a comlete installation of the oe-layersetup form the git clone
> and setup script. Does anyone have experiance with this? and have some
> advice?

You need to ensure that:

a) The machine you extract this archive onto has the same distro and
installed package as the one you originally built upon
b) That you extract it to the same path

I would note that:

a) If you don't use the same distro, files can move around, library
versions change and so on. It may work or it may not. We support fresh
builds in this configuration and installs via sstate and some kind of
compatibility matrix but not direct copying.
b) We support relocation of the system using sstate, not by copying.