[OE-core] Achiving My OE environment

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 11:12:09 UTC 2013

On 09/04/13 11:16, David Hirst wrote:
> I am trying to achive (svn or tar ball) my whole oe_layersetup
> directory structure.
> However I seem to have problems when I check it out or untar it on a
> different machine.
> It does not seems to build correctly. I set up the paths to the build
> tools and use /conf/setenv
> to set up other paths.
> It seems impossible to build everything correctly without going
> through a comlete installation of the oe-layersetup form the git clone
> and setup script. Does anyone have experiance with this? and have some
> advice?
> Thanks
> --
> David Hirst
> hirst689 at gmail.com <mailto:hirst689 at gmail.com>

To ensure a fully compatible archive, I do final builds in a virtual
machine and then backup that virtual machine once the build is complete.
This is also a good way to ensure that your layers and everything don't
have local modifications.

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer