[OE-core] Libpng 1.6.x is broken, switch back to 1.5.x before release?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Apr 16 09:47:19 UTC 2013

On 16 April 2013 10:38, Andreas Müller <schnitzeltony at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I would like to bisect this - test case are the network-manager-applet
> icons for WLAN. If libpng-1.7.0beta07 fixes let me know.

There are two issues - one is that cairo-png is treating every warning
as fatal.  The other is that libpng 1.6 has stronger function call
ordering enforced, so cairo-png's loader causes a warning.  Which then
gets turned into the "out of memory" error.

I'm working with Chris Wilson now to try and sort this in cairo git,
so we can backport stuff.

Ross