[OE-core] Why is "bitbake core-image-minimal" building gtk docs?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Aug 21 10:26:58 UTC 2013

On 21 August 2013 11:24, Laszlo Papp <lpapp at kde.org> wrote:

> I am not saying to fix gtk-doc-stub only. I am saying fix the nastiness of
> using git repositories for released and supposedly stable versions. I do
> not see why tarball would not be enough for those to work off-hand? That
> should be the ideal architecture IMHO.

Two good reasons to allow git repositories as a source:

1) Many projects don't make tarball releases.
2) It's incredibly useful to be able to build from git snapshots for
development/testing purposes.

What you're asking for is the inability to use git repositories in SRC_URI,
which won't happen.

Ross