[OE-core] RFC: Web browsing and HTML in OE-Core

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Fri Aug 23 16:14:33 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-08-23 at 16:56 +0100, Phil Blundell wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-08-23 at 12:17 +0100, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > I think ultimately we need both, a real world user of webkit and also a
> > webkit-ptest type package too. They both let us test different things,
> > one probably more quickly than the other, with the other being more
> > complete.
>
> Well, logically that would mean that we'd need a real-world user of
> webkit for every port (or at least, for the three ports that are
> currently supportable within oe-core).  It's not obvious that this would
> scale very well.
>
> What are the things that you think would be tested better with midori
> than with the standalone launcher and test wrappers?

What does the standalone launcher give you?

What I'm thinking is that having a browser interface QA can click on
from the desktop and enter say 5 urls into is fast yet tests a
significant amount of the system, much like booting X on a system
doesn't test everything but it does test a fair amount of simple things
like whether the binaries work.