[OE-core] [oe-core] QEMU with ARM Cortex A9 with hard float configuration - Kernel panic

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Aug 26 01:11:16 UTC 2013

On 13-08-25 2:02 PM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Aug 25, 2013, at 9:43 PM, rewitt at declaratino.com wrote:
>

>>> Thanks! Any idea why the qemu with hard float configuration has a kernel panic with linux-yocto?
>>
>> init is going away so the kernel panics. Usually this means it couldn't
>> run the init on the rootfilesystem. Try adding keep_bootcon to your
>> kernel command line and see if that gives anymore debug.
>
> I ran bitbake linux-yocto -c menuconfig
>
> and noticed that the wrong ARM architecture was selected (it was using the same one set using tune-arm926ejs.inc)
>
> The thing is I don't see a defconfig anywhere, and I was wondering how the linux-yocto kernel picks up the defconfig from the standard/base branch.

qemuarma9 would be building and booting from the
standard/arm-versatile-926ejs
branch, and re-use the base policies of the kernel.

It adds only the following board options, found in:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-3.10/tree/meta/cfg/kernel-cache/bsp/qemuarma9/qemuarma9.cfg?h=meta

Bruce

-----

CONFIG_ARCH_VEXPRESS=y