[OE-core] [oe-core] QEMU with ARM Cortex A9 with hard float configuration - Kernel panic

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 16:28:27 UTC 2013

On Aug 29, 2013, at 8:23 PM, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:

> On 13-08-29 10:02 AM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
>> Hi Bruce,
>>
>> On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Bruce Ashfield <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:
>>
>>> With that, it's always been a manual setup for me in the past. The typical
>>> workflow is to test them via the usermode NFS boot. Have you given
>>> that a go ?
>>
>> Does yocto have some wrapper script/command to setup nfs boot automatically
>> without too much manual configuration? The runqemu and runqemu-internal
>> scripts seems to indicate that, but haven't tried this before.
>>
>> Let me know if it exists! If not, if you could point me to a link that describes how
>> to set NFS boot, and use it to load a beagleboard image it would be great!
>
> This is supported right out of the box, and it should be documented in
> the project docs.
>
> Search for users-space NFS in http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/adt-manual/adt-manual.html

I saw this, its only for the rootfs. what I've read on the net alluded to the fact that you need to have
xload, uboot and the kernel image on a specific partition inside an sdcard image. Those were
the boot procedures used for the beagleboard using qemu.

This is for -M beagle, with qemu-system-arm.

Anyway, I just need a way to boot vexpress-a9 using QEMU. I'll send a private email, with the
patch to you, so that you can start off from where I left, in terms of modifications to poky-master
and be able to debug the issue directly at your end.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson