[OE-core] appears to be inconsistency re: base-files between oe-core and meta-angstrom

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 11:49:52 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 07:37:17AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2013, Martin Jansa wrote:

> > >   ah, i suspect that's what's happening. so what's the correct way to
> > > set up this OE build? i'm trying to build the angstrom
> > > "hardware-bringup-image" using a current oe-core, and my bblayers.conf
> > > file looks like:
> > >
> > > BBLAYERS ?= " \
> > >   /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/oe-core/meta \
> > >   /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \
> > >   /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/meta-angstrom \
> > >   /home/rpjday/oe/dist/layers/meta-ti \
> > >   "
> >
> > What's your DISTRO value? distroless oe-core?
>
>   distroless. i realize i *could* set a value for DISTRO, but it would
> seem that i shouldn't have to in order to avoid a build error.
>
>   in any event, you clearly see exactly what's causing the error --
> that the base-files bbappend file from meta-angstrom is clashing with
> the base-files recipe from oe-core. if you want me to try anything
> different, i have lots of time today to test. if you want me to select
> a DISTRO, i can certainly do that.

You can add that line from angstrom-core-tweaks into your local.conf,
but it depends on distro maintainer if he wants to support different
DISTROs in distro layer.

In other words, everything in distro layer can usually assume correct
distro configuration, when you're using some recipes from distro layer
with your own distro or distroless config then you're on your own
unsupported combination.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com