[OE-core] Multiple MACHINE building is broken in OE-core?

Cooper Jr., Franklin fcooper at ti.com
Wed Feb 6 08:02:31 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

While performing denzil to danny work I ran into this same issue that Mike mentioned. I have 4 machines that are armv7a based and previously in denzil only very specific recipes that I deliberately made machine specific were being rebuilt. Now a significant amount of recipes are being unnecessarily rebuilt. I first noticed this when building Qt but this also occurs with something even simpler such as tslib. If I look at tslib's temp directory I end up seeing multiple logs for the majority of the tasks. For example I will see 4 log.do_compile logs.

I ran the sstate-diff-machines.sh script that Martin mentioned for machines defined in meta-ti and I got the below output when using tslib as the -targets:

list.M am3517-evm

http://pastebin.com/zMH8PkmP

list.M am335x-evm
http://pastebin.com/6jbP6guA

The checksums differs for non-native recipes such as gettext, tslib and zlib.

If it matters I am using the 1.17.0 branch of bitbake since the master branch throws parsing errors.

Any suggestions on what could be the issue?

Regards,
Franklin Cooper Jr.
Texas Instruments
Application Engineer