[OE-core] Multiple MACHINE building is broken in OE-core?

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 08:56:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 08:02:31AM +0000, Cooper Jr., Franklin wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> While performing denzil to danny work I ran into this same issue that Mike mentioned. I have 4 machines that are armv7a based and previously in denzil only very specific recipes that I deliberately made machine specific were being rebuilt. Now a significant amount of recipes are being unnecessarily rebuilt. I first noticed this when building Qt but this also occurs with something even simpler such as tslib. If I look at tslib's temp directory I end up seeing multiple logs for the majority of the tasks. For example I will see 4 log.do_compile logs.
>
> I ran the sstate-diff-machines.sh script that Martin mentioned for machines defined in meta-ti and I got the below output when using tslib as the -targets:
>
> list.M am3517-evm
>
> http://pastebin.com/zMH8PkmP
>
> list.M am335x-evm
> http://pastebin.com/6jbP6guA
>
> The checksums differs for non-native recipes such as gettext, tslib and zlib.
>
> If it matters I am using the 1.17.0 branch of bitbake since the master branch throws parsing errors.
>
> Any suggestions on what could be the issue?

Please pick something like tslib or gettext. Find first different
checksum (do_configure is usually good for that).

# Then to compare sigdata use something like:
# $ ls sstate-diff/134934*/*/*/tslib/*do_configure*sigdata*
# it should return 2 different sigdata with 2 different sstate
# checksums, otherwise change ls expression

# $ bitbake-diffsigs sstate-diff/134934*/*/*/tslib/*do_configure*sigdata*

It will probably show some other recipe causing the difference, so just
repeat ls, bitbake-diffsigs until you find the root cause.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com