[OE-core] systemd services in the rootfs

Radu Moisan radu.moisan at intel.com
Thu Feb 14 08:47:46 UTC 2013

On 02/13/2013 05:33 PM, Florin Sarbu wrote:
> Hi all,
> following the transition of the systemd.bbclass from meta-openembedded
> to oe-core, I stumbled upon on what seems to me a missing feature that
> has not been brought along in the new systemd.bbclass in oe-core.
> Seems that if one does not explicitly specify the inclusion of the
> packages containing the systemd services in a packagegroup or image
> recipe or use some other mechanism that will determine the addition of
> these packages in the final rootfs, then the root filesystem will not
> contain the systemd services. Even though
> DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN="systemd" is set. The meta-openembedded
> systemd.bbclass, needed no additional adding of the systemd related
> packages, just RRECOMMENDED and things worked as expected. Shouldn't
> the DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN do just that? Is it something that still
> needs to be done on the systemd.bbclass or would you suggest that from
> now on we will have to manually add the systemd packages in
> packagegroups, image recipes etc?

Each recipe should install it's service files in the appropriate
location, like ${D}${systemd-unitdir}/system (check out searchpaths in
systemd.bbclass)

For reference you can check on my branch enabling patches
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky-contrib/commit/?h=rmoisan/systemd-ross&id=38dfb4ec00aa87ab20065de7b391572f19679ca8

Radu