[OE-core] systemd services in the rootfs

Florin Sarbu florin.sarbu at windriver.com
Thu Feb 14 09:09:54 UTC 2013

The issue I was referring to was that the individual packages (that
contain the systemd service files) generated from various recipes, do
not end up in the rootfs solely by having them declared in the
SYSTEMD_PACKAGES and having DISTRO_FEATURES_INITMAN ="systemd". You need
now to explicitly add these ${PN}-systemd (or whatever name you choose
for the packages that will hold the systemd services) in some
packagegroups or image recipes to have them in the rootfs. It is not a
question of where to have them in the rootfs, but rather to have them
added in the do_rootfs stage.

Hope I cleared things up a little better now.

Thanks,
Florin