[OE-core] Recipes with SRC_URI in .inc file and checksum in bb file

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Fri Jan 4 16:45:54 UTC 2013

The specific case I am looking at is fftw in meta-oe, ,but I believe
this is a general problem.

The fftw recipe has a .inc file that includes the SRC_URI to a tarball
and bb files that build packages with slightly different compile
options. The tarball checksums are in the version specific bb files.

I am on the process of updating the fftw recipes to the most recent
version. Along the way I noticed it looks like the checksum test is
being ignored. The only way I can get it to fail is to remove all the
checksum entries from the bb files.

Something needs fixing and I'd like to know what we want in the recipes
before I submit the fixes, even if bitbake  is broken :)

Should the checksums move to the .inc file? (bad since that makes the
.inc file version specific). Should they be duped in each recipe?
(Annoying and doesn't really work) Maybe another version specific
include? (likely won't work, but could be fixed)

Philip