[OE-core] udev blacklist ineffective

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Mon Jan 28 16:36:37 UTC 2013

I have two embedded systems that share some devices over an i2c bus. Only one system may load the device driver at a time, and loading the device driver is already well-controlled by the HA subsystem.

Our new yocto build with udev enabled is auto-loading these device drivers with catastrophic results. We must absolutely prohibit such automatic behaviour for our list of devices. I have tried:

$ cat etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
blacklist seepmtd

And this does *NOT* work. I have tried renaming blacklist.conf to modprobe.conf as well as creating modprobe.conf with these blacklist entries.

This is a huge blocking issue and I have been unable to figure out a workaround for it. I would appreciate any suggestions.
--
Michael