[OE-core] udev blacklist ineffective

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 28 18:52:05 UTC 2013

On 01/28/2013 08:36 AM, Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com wrote:
> I have two embedded systems that share some devices over an i2c bus. Only one system may load the device driver at a time, and loading the device driver is already well-controlled by the HA subsystem.
>
> Our new yocto build with udev enabled is auto-loading these device drivers with catastrophic results. We must absolutely prohibit such automatic behaviour for our list of devices. I have tried:
>
> $ cat etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
> blacklist seepmtd
> ... cut ...
>
> And this does *NOT* work. I have tried renaming blacklist.conf to
> modprobe.conf as well as creating modprobe.conf with these blacklist
> entries.
>
> This is a huge blocking issue and I have been unable to figure out a
> workaround for it. I would appreciate any suggestions.

OK, so... this needs to be addressed.

However, can you just not build/install the drivers for the system that
shouldn't be accessing them? Or do you require a more general image?

You will need to provide details about the version of oe-core you are
using, kmod or modutils, and any relevant DISTRO configurations you have
made, which bit of software do you expect to be honoring the blacklist, etc.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center