[OE-core] How to solve the make 3.82 issue at sanity check time?

Stanacar, StefanX stefanx.stanacar at intel.com
Wed Jul 24 07:47:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-24 at 09:33 +0200, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> given that the make v. 3.82 is broken, as the sanity check highlights,
> which is the best solution
> to allow Fedora users (as I am) to go ahead with the build?
> I don't like to avoid sanity checks or to use an older version of
> sanity.bbclass.
> Please let me know, currently this issue is blocking for me.

Fedora pushed updates for make in F17 & 18 (19 wasn't broken afaik) so
you should just update your system. (yum update make should do the
trick).

Alternatively you can bitbake buildtools-tarball on an working system
(or disable the sanity check before, touch conf/sanity.conf) and install
that on your system (if you are on F16 which isn't updated anymore)

Cheers,
Stefan