[OE-core] [CONSOLIDATED PULL 00/78] Review & ACK

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Jul 26 15:34:15 UTC 2013

On Friday 26 July 2013 10:35:20 Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 26 July 2013 08:14, Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> > Emilia Ciobanu (12):
> >   babeltrace: fix recipe name
> >   build-appliance-image: fix recipe name add GIT revision to PV variable
> >   chkconfig-alternatives-native: fix recipe name and add GIT revision to
> >
> >     PV variable
> >
> >   connman-gnome: fix recipe name add GIT revision to PV variable
> >   docbook-sgml-dtd-3.1-native: fix recipe name
> >   docbook-sgml-dtd-4.1-native: fix recipe name
> >   hwlatdetect: fix recipe name and add GIT revision to PV variable
> >   lttng-ust: fix recipe name and add GIT revision to PV variable
> >   mtd-utils: fix recipe name and add GIT revision to PV variable
> >   neard: fix recipe name
> >   rt-tests: fix recipe name add GIT revision to PV variable
> >   update-rc.d: fix recipe name and add GIT revision to PV variable
>
> I meant to chime in on this yesterday but was... tied up.  For
> packages where the SRC_URI is a git repo *but* we're only ever
> checking out release tags do we really need to rename the package to
> _git?  The _git version to me implies "a mostly working snapshot of
> the development release" not "a stable release".

It's also going to be hard to be consistent in renaming everywhere as well
because I think in a few cases we already have a bleeding-edge _git recipe in
addition to the release recipe being built from git.

I guess I've not been very coherent on this, sorry for the confusion Emilia. I
think we need to take a step back and make sure we're doing the right thing
here, especially if we're only doing it to accommodate the current behaviour
of distrodata.bbclass.

> >   bluez5: disable obex by default
>
> The message seems to allude to some other reason for disabling it
> apart from a systemd user service not being packaged.  Is there a
> reason, as the systemd issue should be fixable in systemd.bbclass.
>
> Apart from that, Acked-By: Ross Burton <ross.burton at intel.com>.

I've also looked over the rest of the patches, they're OK by me as well.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton