[OE-core] SDK relocation issues

Laurentiu Palcu laurentiu.palcu at intel.com
Tue Jun 11 13:24:17 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 03:09:49PM +0200, Tasslehoff Kjappfot wrote:

> I have time for one more :)
>
> What does it mean that the SDK is relocatable? That I can choose
> when I run the .sh where I want to install it? Is it then "bound" to
> that directory, so that every dev that wants to use the SDK have to
> run the installer on their machine?

That's correct. Each developer can install the SDK wherever he/she wants
to.

> Maybe my "I can copy it wherever
> I want" interpretation of relocatable is the problem :)
Indeed, that's causing the issue. :)

> The DL is shipped with the toolchain, but is looked for in the path
> I installed to when I run the .sh. If I move the entire folder, I
> get the problems.
When the relocation process takes place, it changes the path to the
dynamic loader in all binaries. Moving the SDK to another location would
imply re-running the installer again and choose the new location as
destination.

Thanks,
Laurentiu