[OE-core] SDK relocation issues

Tasslehoff Kjappfot tasskjapp at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 06:12:53 UTC 2013

On 06/11/2013 03:24 PM, Laurentiu Palcu wrote:> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at
03:09:49PM +0200, Tasslehoff Kjappfot wrote:

 >> I have time for one more :)
 >>
 >> What does it mean that the SDK is relocatable? That I can choose
 >> when I run the .sh where I want to install it? Is it then "bound" to
 >> that directory, so that every dev that wants to use the SDK have to
 >> run the installer on their machine?
 >
 > That's correct. Each developer can install the SDK wherever he/she wants
 > to.
 >
 >> Maybe my "I can copy it wherever
 >> I want" interpretation of relocatable is the problem :)
 > Indeed, that's causing the issue. :)
 >

 >> The DL is shipped with the toolchain, but is looked for in the path
 >> I installed to when I run the .sh. If I move the entire folder, I
 >> get the problems.
 > When the relocation process takes place, it changes the path to the
 > dynamic loader in all binaries. Moving the SDK to another location would
 > imply re-running the installer again and choose the new location as
 > destination.

Thanks for explaining this. The reason we did it the way I described is
that when checking out older source we would automatically get the
toolchain we used at the time. Not sure how to solve this now, but I
guess keeping multiple toolchains installed will work. Any other
suggestions?

Regards,
Tasslehoff