[OE-core] Possible to fetch from private github repo?

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Wed Jun 12 13:21:12 UTC 2013

On 12/06/13 14:09, Steve Sakoman wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 6:07 AM, Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.thruhere.net> wrote:
>>
>> Op 12 jun. 2013, om 15:04 heeft Steve Sakoman <sakoman at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> I have a client that keeps their app source code in a private github repository.
>>>
>>> I haven't managed to find a way to convince the git fetcher to grab
>>> the source code.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else managed to write a recipe that uses a github private repository?
>>
>> Yes: https://github.com/CircuitCo/meta-circuitco/blob/master/recipes-tester/beagleboneblack/bbbtester_git.bb
>>
>> You need to have your ssh keys in order before trying that, though.
>
> Thanks Koen.
>
> I tried that form, so clearly I must not have my ssh keys in order!
>
> Thanks for confirmation that it can be made to work.
>
> Steve

Ditto, I grab from a private repo's using validated ssh-keys without
issue. Just ensure that the machine you're running bitbake on is the
machine that has been validated, and you have set the protocol to ssh
and you should be fine!

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer
   http://www.embed.me.uk