[OE-core] RFC: magic libtool .la removal

Phil Blundell pb at pbcl.net
Tue Jun 18 14:42:53 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-06-18 at 15:31 +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
> My proposal is that we integrate .la-removal into a core class.
> autotools.bbclass should cover 99% of instances as libtool is normally
> used in conjunction with auto*.  Have a variable, REMOVE_LIBTOOL_LA,
> which controls the behaviour post-install.

FWIW, I still have the patch from:

http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2012-October/069912.html

in my local tree and it seems to be working fine (although I don't have
any particular interest in libltdt so it's conceivable that this might
be broken).

Looking back at that old thread it seems that you asked me to split into
two patches, I said "ok", but apparently I never did anything further
about it.  It's possible I might have been put off by Paul not liking
the name or something, I don't really recall.

p.