[OE-core] RFC: magic libtool .la removal

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Jun 18 14:56:06 UTC 2013

On 18 June 2013 15:42, Phil Blundell <pb at pbcl.net> wrote:
> FWIW, I still have the patch from:
>
> http://lists.openembedded.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2012-October/069912.html
>
> in my local tree and it seems to be working fine (although I don't have
> any particular interest in libltdt so it's conceivable that this might
> be broken).

I also remember discussion with Colin Walters about ostree, which at
one point only removed from $libdir itself (my "libdir" argument) but
now removes all .la files.  Colin, the commit that changed the la
killing to recurse didn't have a rationale - can you clarify this?  If
ostree can get away with removing all, them maybe we don't need the
"libdir" option at all.

Ross