[OE-core] GCC 4.8 Issues with fsl-ppc and fsl-arm (e5000)

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Jun 25 17:07:14 UTC 2013

Guys,

There is a continuing failure on the auto-builder with the 4.8 version
of GCC for the fsl-ppc and fsl-arm BSPs.  This is currently holding
oe-core back from updating GCC to 4.8, which we want to do soon so that
we have get any other issues worked out that might come up.

These seem to be ICE issues can get bee seen in the following log files:

http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org:8011/builders/nightly-fsl-arm/builds/148/steps/Building%20Images/logs/stdio

http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org:8011/builders/nightly-fsl-ppc/builds/149/steps/Building%20Images/logs/stdio

Has anyone investigated these?

One possibility discussed during the tech call was to set the tune for
these BSPs to use GCC 4.7, but this is not preferred as it just defers
and hides the issue.

Thanks

--
     Sau!