[OE-core] GCC 4.8 Issues with fsl-ppc and fsl-arm (e5000)

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 17:42:32 UTC 2013

On Jun 25, 2013, at 10:07 AM, Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> There is a continuing failure on the auto-builder with the 4.8 version of GCC for the fsl-ppc and fsl-arm BSPs.  This is currently holding oe-core back from updating GCC to 4.8, which we want to do soon so that we have get any other issues worked out that might come up.

First of all these are not reference BSPs for OE-Core so this should not be a hold off if its urgent and we still have 4.7 gcc in OE-Core But its nicer if they worked.

> These seem to be ICE issues can get bee seen in the following log files:
>
> http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org:8011/builders/nightly-fsl-arm/builds/148/steps/Building%20Images/logs/stdio

perf is tied to kernel, it works fine with linux-yocto, what kernel is used for imx53qsb ? a preprocessed callchain.c will be helpful.

> http://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org:8011/builders/nightly-fsl-ppc/builds/149/steps/Building%20Images/logs/stdio

gcc crash in eglibc I will take a look at it probably 2.18 might fix it.