[OE-core] [RFC] U-Boot Recipes

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 11:47:21 UTC 2013

Today I was building an image for the beaglebone with oe-core +
meta-beagleboard. meta-beagleboard pretty much provides the machine
definition and the kernel. In order to build the correct u-boot
(2013.01+) I had to add u-boot 2013.01 to oe-core. Whilst during this I
noticed the mess that the u-boot directory had become, I think we need
to have a show of hands who uses what u-boot recipes and can they
migrate to newer (common) versions.

When I submit a patch to get 2013.01 supported, that would make 4
different releases of u-boot; which seems a bit excessive.

Thoughts?

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)
   Embedded Systems Engineer