[OE-core] update-alternatives automatic rename happens too late

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:35:24 UTC 2013

When using update-alternatives feature to rename targets to
target.${BPN} it happens in perform_packagecopy, but for recipes where
that target is also staged to sysroot it's too late, both recipes will
try to install the same target file to sysroot.

One way to resolve this is to rename target to target.${BPN} directly in
recipe's do_install, but can we move this automatic renaming to
do_install? More importantly do we have some examples where we need to
run u-a for files in sysroot (e.g. when unpacking archive from
sstate-cache)?

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com