[OE-core] proposal to move cogl, clutter and related recipes from oe-core to dedicated meta-clutter layer

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri May 10 21:07:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 05:22:47PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Well if layers make life harder it invalidates one of points of Yocto
> which I always liked and depends on heavily - modular design.

+1

people are using many layers, so oe-core being regularly tested together with
some other layers is just another test for propagated modular design.

> I am sure we all want a solid release so I am also sure Tomas wouldn't
> put experimental version of clutter near of release. We are eating our
> own dog food so we are all interested in make it work, not the
> opposed. In this case I think it can be well coordinated.

he can even put experimental version there if it's in recipe with
negative DEFAULT_PREFERRENCE, unfortunately he cannot do the same if
experimantal recipes are in meta-clutter with higher priority and stable
recipes in oe-core (unless he makes sure that everybody who is using
meta-clutter will understand why he needs to set PREFERRED_VERSION to
prevent experimental being used).

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com