[OE-core] proposal to move cogl, clutter and related recipes from oe-core to dedicated meta-clutter layer

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat May 11 21:49:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-05-11 at 17:39 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Richard Purdie
> > Adding mode dimensions to a problem we already struggle with seems like
> > a bad idea to me.
>
> This sounds like you're against the modular design and it is no sense
> for me. These dimensions also need test and if it cannot be done, we
> have a design flaw.

You think I'm against modular design? Seriously? Keep in mind I'm the
person who played a big part in helping transition to the layers model
in the first place instead of the monolithic OE classic, split up the
fetchers in bitbake, split bitbake into client/server/uis and so on.

My instinct is suggesting the timing is wrong for this particular change
(it may be right for Tomas, I don't think its right for OE-Core). I've
said what I plan to say on this now though.

I will however raise the point that a lot of people currently have a
tendency to "hide behind" me in discussions. They see me reply and
assume that since I've said something, that is it and they can keep
quiet. I want to be clear this isn't going to work as on this and some
other topics, it looks like I'm a lone voice. If people do believe in a
particular issue, they do need to stand up and add weight to an argument
themselves.