[OE-core] proposal to move cogl, clutter and related recipes from oe-core to dedicated meta-clutter layer

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue May 14 16:23:34 UTC 2013

On 05/11/2013 05:49 PM, Richard Purdie wrote:

> I will however raise the point that a lot of people currently have a
> tendency to "hide behind" me in discussions. They see me reply and
> assume that since I've said something, that is it and they can keep
> quiet. I want to be clear this isn't going to work as on this and some
> other topics, it looks like I'm a lone voice. If people do believe in a
> particular issue, they do need to stand up and add weight to an argument
> themselves.

I'd like to emphasize this point. Sometimes, Richard seems to be all
alone defending decisions that are made. If he is supporting your
position, support him publicly. Otherwise, there is a perception in the
community that Richard is acting alone.

Also, getting a variety of viewpoints out really helps technical
discussion. Sometimes it is the little details in individual use cases
that become really important.

Philip