[OE-core] proposal to move cogl, clutter and related recipes from oe-core to dedicated meta-clutter layer

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Mon May 13 09:31:17 UTC 2013

Hi Richard,

On 10/05/13 23:18, Richard Purdie wrote:
>> I am sure we all want a solid release so I am also sure Tomas wouldn't
>> put experimental version of clutter near of release.
>
>>From what I read of Tomas' emails, I actually think his plans differ
> from that as he finds that aspect of OE-Core frustrating.

I am no sure what 'aspect' of OE-Core you mean. If you mean the
six-monthly releases, then you are reading my emails all wrong -- I am a
firm believer.

Regarding experimental releases -- I am not interested in them much
myself, but with meta-clutter, we could, of course, have negative
priority recipes for any interim developer snapshots, if that is what
people need. But what I am looking for most are uptodate recipes for
*stable* releases of clutter more or less as they happen.

> I don't touch layers I don't maintain. If I did that, I would get hung,
> drawn and quartered. Please at least think through things like this
> before saying them :(. Can you imagine what you'd say to me if I pushed
> commits to meta-fsl-arm?

Just so we are clear, I am not trying to wrench clutter out of your
control. For all I care, set up meta-clutter on g.yp.o, and put the
current official maintainer of the clutter packages in oe-core in
charge, but I don't think we can get a usable clutter support without a
dedicated layer in the long run.

Tomas

--
http://sleepfive.com