[OE-core] proposal to move cogl, clutter and related recipes from oe-core to dedicated meta-clutter layer

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed May 15 18:24:03 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 15 May 2013 14:36:16 Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:30 PM, Richard Purdie
> <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> > I'd ask that we give trying to make this work from OE-Core a fair try.
> >
> > If in say 3 months from now OE-Core is causing clutter users pain we can
> > look again at the problem. Equally, if nobody has sent me any clutter
> > patches in the next three months, I wouldn't consider than a fair try.
>
> No, this is not fair. If you wish to keep it you need to do the work
> or find someone to make it. Tomas is willing to work in meta-clutter
> and he has the right to work in his solution.

Nobody's suggesting Tomas can't work on meta-clutter. This is an open source
project, people are pretty much free to contribute as they see fit. For my
part, I will try to make sure the clutter recipes in OE-Core are better
maintained in future.

However, I do think it's important for us to try to work together for the
benefit of everyone, and when it comes to OE-Core and other central pieces of
the OE ecosystem, that means trying to understand the bigger picture outside
of the day-to-day requirements that we all have on the projects we work on
individually.

Cheers,
Paul

--