[OE-core] GCC search paths in MinGW SDK

Francois Retief fgretief at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 21:13:21 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Thanks to Richard's recent improvements in the oe-core tree, I finally got
my first MinGW build to compile through and generate a SDK tarball.

Next issue is that on windows GCC is unable to find the crt1.o, crti.o and
crtbegin.o files. when compiling a small hello world app (see
gist<https://gist.github.com/fgretief/6429416#file-mingw-gcc-verbose-output-2013-09-03>[1]
for gcc verbose output). I verified that the files are indeed in the
SDK folders and was correctly unpacked.

Next, I checked the search path (-L) options and they point to the
respective directories where the files reside.

Is it hard coded somewhere GCC should look for these files?  Can anyone
give me some pointers where to start looking?

Cheers,
  Francois

ps. I have noticed that there is a relocate_sdk.py file in the root of the
SDK folder. What is it's purpose and can it have anything to do with the
GCC search paths?

[1]
https://gist.github.com/fgretief/6429416#file-mingw-gcc-verbose-output-2013-09-03
[2] https://github.com/fgretief/meta-mingw