[OE-core] GCC search paths in MinGW SDK

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Sep 4 13:00:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-09-03 at 23:13 +0200, Francois Retief wrote:
> Thanks to Richard's recent improvements in the oe-core tree, I finally
> got my first MinGW build to compile through and generate a SDK
> tarball.
>
> Next issue is that on windows GCC is unable to find the crt1.o, crti.o
> and crtbegin.o files. when compiling a small hello world app (see gist
> [1] for gcc verbose output). I verified that the files are indeed in
> the SDK folders and was correctly unpacked.

Make sure you specify --sysroot=xxxx where xxxx is the location of
target sysroot you want to compile against.

> ps. I have noticed that there is a relocate_sdk.py file in the root of
> the SDK folder. What is it's purpose and can it have anything to do
> with the GCC search paths?

It is used on Linux to help with these kinds of issues, it will be
completely useless on windows and we shouldn't ship it there.

I've shared the result of my tweaks as
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/meta-mingw/ btw. I flattened the
history as I had a ton of now meaningless commits and tests so it made
sense for a clean start IMO.