[OE-core] build errors after upgrading

Stefan Seefeld stefan_seefeld at mentor.com
Wed Sep 11 17:39:00 UTC 2013

Hello,

I was successfully building images for qemux86_64, when I decided to
update to pull in recent fixes and improvements. So after git-pulling
I'm now seeing these errors:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libgl' (but
/usr/local/OpenEmbedded/oe-core/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-vmware_13.0.1.bb
DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
ERROR: mesa PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: missing required
distro feature ['opengl'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
ERROR: mesa PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: missing required
distro feature ['opengl'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)

which I was able to work around by adding "opengl" to the distro
features via

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl ptest"

Now I'm getting a link error during the xorg-xserver build (two missing
symbols are "noXFree86DRIExtension" and "noGlxExtension", which makes me
wonder whether these are related to the above.

I see some recent activity on mesa-gl, which could be related. Can
someone offer some advice ?

Thanks,
        Stefan

--