[OE-core] build errors after upgrading

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Sep 11 17:52:00 UTC 2013

On 11 September 2013 18:39, Stefan Seefeld <stefan_seefeld at mentor.com> wrote:
> I was successfully building images for qemux86_64, when I decided to
> update to pull in recent fixes and improvements. So after git-pulling
> I'm now seeing these errors:
>
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'virtual/libgl' (but
> /usr/local/OpenEmbedded/oe-core/meta/recipes-graphics/xorg-driver/xf86-video-vmware_13.0.1.bb
> DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
> ERROR: mesa PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: missing required
> distro feature ['opengl'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
> ERROR: mesa PROVIDES virtual/libgl but was skipped: missing required
> distro feature ['opengl'] (not in DISTRO_FEATURES)
>

> which I was able to work around by adding "opengl" to the distro
> features via
>
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl ptest"

So the X vmware driver has a hard dependency on DRI if your X server
is recent, instead of having a configure option. Now that Mesa is
refusing to build in distros where you haven't asked for any OpenGL,
this is being discovered.  It should be fairly simple to add a
configure option to enable/disable the graphics module of
xf86-video-vmware.

> Now I'm getting a link error during the xorg-xserver build (two missing
> symbols are "noXFree86DRIExtension" and "noGlxExtension", which makes me
> wonder whether these are related to the above.

Now that is interesting.  Can you mail me privately a full log?  I'll
try and replicate tomorrow.

Ross