[OE-core] [oe-core] Rootfs over 4GB

Petr Nechaev petr.nechaev at cogentembedded.com
Thu Dec 4 20:10:55 UTC 2014

Hi All,

 I'm using oe-core for building images and have a problem. Rootfs.img is
over 5GB and cannot be copied to FAT32 partition because of file size
limit. This happens during do_bootimg task for core-image-sato-sdk. No
warning is given by bitbake.
 The problem occurs in build_fat_img() function in bootimg.bbclass.

 I have temporarily fixed the problem in my build by extending
bootimg.bbclass. I added new function which first splits *.hddimg into two
partitions: FAT + ext3 and then puts rootfs.img to ext3 partition.

 But, what is the right way of building core-image-sato-sdk with large
rootfs? And what is the technical reason behind putting rootfs.img into a
FAT partition?

---
Petr