[OE-core] [oe-core] Rootfs over 4GB

Gary Robertson gary.robertson at linaro.org
Thu Dec 4 20:25:08 UTC 2014

AFAIK, the reasons for using FAT are:
(1) it is the most universally accepted filesystem format for devices and
OS environments,
(2) it is usable with almost all boot loaders produced anywhere by anyone,
and
(3) it is the de facto standard format for flash-based devices of all types

Your solution of creating a small FAT partition for booting and ext3 for
the root filesystem is probably
the cleanest way of implementing large filesystem images for a Linux
environment.