[OE-core] Problem building image with opkg and gpg support

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Wed Dec 10 10:00:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-12-10 at 08:10 +0000, Lars Michael wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I hope this post hits the right list..
>

> On daisy I have switched to opkg, this works fine (target wandboard).
>
> To support signed packages I have added gpg to the PACKAGECONFIG for
> opkg. I have done this by creating an opkg_0.2.1.bbappend file with
> the line:
> PACKAGECONFIG += "gpg"
>
> In my image recipe I added:
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " opkg"
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " gpgme"
>
> 'bitbake opkg' seems to run ok and builds libgpgme and opkg ipk's. But
> when I run 'bitbake myimage' I get:
>
> ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gpgme-native' (but
> virtual:native:/media/datadisk/arm/fsl-community-bsp-daisy/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/opkg/opkg_0.2.1.bb DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it). Close matches:
>   gperf-native
>   rpm-native
>   gmp-native
> ERROR: Required build target 'myimage' has no buildable providers.
> Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['myimage',
> 'opkg-native', 'gpgme-native']
>
> Any ideas on what the problem might be?

You've enabled gpg for both the target and native opkg recipes and there
is no gpg-native for opkg-native to work. If you only the target
verison, you could try:

PACKAGECONFIG_append_class-target = " gpg"

otherwise you need to enable a native version of gpgme, probably adding
BBCLASSEXTEND = "native" to the recipe for starters, there may then be
other tweaks needed.