[OE-core] Merging problems

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 13:58:52 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Richard Purdie
<richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-12-19 at 08:07 -0500, Bruce Ashfield wrote:

>> > I think I have a handle on this. If you look at the autobuilder failure
>> > it says:
>>
>> do you have a link to the actual failure ?
>
> It was in a previous mail:
>
> https://autobuilder.yoctoproject.org/main/builders/nightly-ppc-lsb/builds/129/steps/BuildImages/logs/stdio
>
>> > The fix is therefore probably to not run the fetch/unpack/patch tasks in
>> > kernelsrc.bbclass.
>>
>> Very likely. I'll have a look. I noticed about 6 months ago that a patches
>> directory was being created .. even when it was never going to be used.
>> I took steps to remove it before the linux-yocto builds continued, but
>> apparently it is sneaking back in through other means :)
>
> kernelsrc.bbclass sets ${S} to point at the directory so other recipes
> can create it.

aha yes. I'm familiar with doing battle with 'patches' being created
in the build
directory,  it broke the detection of the directory that is used to hold meta
data .. and cost me about a week in August fixing things up.

With your latest patch, which problems are still outstanding ? I can have a
look at them.

Bruce

> Cheers,
>
> Richard