[OE-core] Merging problems

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Dec 20 11:15:09 UTC 2014

So where are we at?

Thanks to some great help from Ross, we have a number of patches merged
and many of the issues in my last email have been addressed. I'm
continuing to struggle with the kernel series. The last build on the
autobuilder highlighted that:

* there are problems in boot-directdisk.bbclass (have a fix)
* there is a do_rootfs/do_package_qa race (have a fix)
* the report-error.bbclass tasks could crash (have a fix)
* the kernelmodule sanity tests were failing (have a fix)
* qemumips gdb is failing to compile, probably due to new kernel
  headers (no fix as yet)
* systemd sanity QA tests continue to fail on xorg and systemd-login
  (no fix as yet)
* there are continuing problems with linux-imx from meta-fsl-arm, I
  thought these were addressed but clearly not :(

Ideally I'd like to take some time off over the holidays but I can't see
that happening until the patch queues are under some kind of control :(.