[OE-core] Premirrors and local VCS server

Mats Kärrman Mats.Karrman at tritech.se
Mon Feb 10 11:14:30 UTC 2014

On  Friday, February 07, 2014, Chris Larson [clarson at kergoth.com] wrote:

> > I have also tried "svn://.*/.* svn://myserver" but this just goes mayhem,
> > some recursion i guess; 9140 ERROR messages shown...
>
> I'm not sure if this use case is supported, but if it is, this would be the method to support it. I'd suggest opening a bug in the yocto bug tracking system.

Thanks for the feedback!

It is indeed a recursion where the file name is getting prepended with the
mirror server name again and again... And the fetcher still tries to fetch
a tarball, not do the original check-out as I intended.

I wonder; would it make sense to add a new conf variable, something like:

BB_FETCH_NETWORKWHITELIST = " \
    10.64.0.0/16 \
    ${MY_LOCAL_MIRROR} \
    www.some-domain.org \
"

It would allow more fine-grained control of what is acceptable and at
least it would not clash with (but perhaps make obsolete) the existing:

BB_FETCH_PREMIRRORONLY
BB_NO_NETWORK

I was at first thinking about a simpler "BB_FETCH_LOCALNETWORKONLY"
but that doesn't blend well with the existing options.

BR // Mats