[OE-core] Premirrors and local VCS server

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Fri Feb 7 15:34:12 UTC 2014

On Friday, February 7, 2014, Mats Kärrman
<Mats.Karrman at tritech.se<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','Mats.Karrman at tritech.se');>>
wrote:

> MY_LOCAL_MIRROR = "ftp://10.64.2.58/files/"
> PREMIRRORS_prepend = "\
>     ftp://.*/.* ${MY_LOCAL_MIRROR} \n \
>     git://.*/.* ${MY_LOCAL_MIRROR} \n \
>     http://.*/.* ${MY_LOCAL_MIRROR} \n \
>     https://.*/.* ${MY_LOCAL_MIRROR} \n \
>     svn://.*/.* ${MY_LOCAL_MIRROR} \n \
> "
>
> BB_FETCH_PREMIRRORONLY = "1"
> -----------------------------
>
> This works as I want for all packages that I download from external servers
> but I also have some proprietary recipes that use the svn: fetcher to check
> out source code from a local (LAN) Subversion server.
> With BB_FETCH_PREMIRRORONLY enabled these recipes will fail since
> there is no tarball available in the premirror.
>
> What I want to accomplish with using BB_FETCH_PREMIRRORONLY is
> to make sure that my builds needs nothing from the internet but I still
> want
> to fetch from my LAN servers.

Seems reasonable.

I have tried inserting my local svn server with "svn://.*/.* http://myserver
> "
> (http is the protocol used by svn here) in the premirror list but this
> doesn't
> work, the fetcher just looks for a tarball, not a subversion server
> checkout.

That isn't surprising, as the http:// fetcher is wget :)

I have also tried "svn://.*/.* svn://myserver" but this just goes mayhem,
> some recursion i guess; 9140 ERROR messages shown...

I'm not sure if this use case is supported, but if it is, this would be the
method to support it. I'd suggest opening a bug in the yocto bug tracking
system.
--
Christopher Larson
chris_larson at mentor dot com